Wednesday, September 2, 2009

To Blog or Not to Blog

That is the question. Often I've been asked if I blog my workouts. It usually goes like this:

Person: Do you blog your workouts?
Me: No.
Person: Really? You should!
Me: Why?
Person: I don't know. Just because that's what you do!

 Huh. Okay. Although I read a few other blogs, I've never entered into the arena myself. What's the point? After all, I will be the only one who reads it. I mean, why would anyone else care to read about my workouts? Or about "what's going on with me"? Do I really want to let the world know my deep dark personal business?

Plus there's the whole actual writing business. I've read some pretty eloquent, thought provoking, interesting blogs. Mine will probably end up more like:

Haven't blogged in forever. Nothing new. Ran a little. It's hot in Florida. The End.

Thrilling. I think I could win some awards with that. Actually, the more I think about it ... I've never told a short story in my life. So the blog will be more like this:

Haven't blogged in forever. I've been caught up doing ..... blah blah blah

And the blah blah blah will go on for five paragraphs when I could've said it in one sentence.

Then I decided, you know what? Screw it. I'm going to do it. I control what I say, when I say it, and who can read it. It will be interesting to read down the road to see my challenges, foibles, and state of mind. And to see how much (or even if!) I've grown as a person and an athlete.

So welcome to my very pink page! I may change that .... it's kind of annoying. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment